These SECA Policy Briefs are designed to help early childhood advocates in the South keep up with the latest legislative changes and their impact the children and families of the South.
Quality & Performance
- Florida Teaching the Teachers of our Youngest Children 2017
- Quality Counts 2011
- Common Core Standards
- The State of Preschool 2011: The SECA States
- The State of Preschool 2010: The SECA States
- The State of Preshool 2009: The SECA States
- Children’s Dental Health 2011
- Health Care Reform: Chapter 5 – Health Care Reform and Early Childhood Programs: What Does it Mean to Us?
- Health Care Reform: Chapter 4 – The U.S. Senate and the Patient
Protection and Affordable Coverage Act
- Health Care Reform: Chapter 3 – America’s Healthy Future Act (updated 10/15/09)
- Health Care Reform: Chapter 2
- Health Care Reform: The Debate Begins
Budget & Finance
- Early Learning Challenge Fund – A summary of the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 and how it could affect the early childhood community
- Early Childhood Advisory Councils Brief – An in-depth look at the new grant program
- State Early Childhood Advisory Council Grants – Allocations to the SECA States. Find out how much your state may receive and how to apply.
- The 2010 Federal Budget: The President’s Recommendations for Program Terminations and Reductions
- American Reinvestment and Recovery Act: A New Opportunity for Coordination and Collaboration
- Indirect Cost