Dimensions of Early Childhood Special Issue 2019
High quality early childhood experiences are indicative of our commitment to children. In order to provide high quality early childhood experiences, we encourage educators to joyfully embrace young children and their families through developmentally, culturally and inclusive relevant practices. As such, manuscript submissions are invited for a special issue of Dimensions of Early Childhood that focuses on Embracing the Joy. Authors are encouraged to submit original research as well as practitioner ideas following our submission guidelines. Topics may include (but not limited to) the following:
Embracing the Joy
- Bringing joy back to the classroom through the use of play-based, developmentally appropriate practices that focus on intentional teaching.
- Creating enriched and joyful lives through the promotion of optimal social-emotional development of young children.
- Supporting the joy of early childhood professionals through the implementation of a career ladder and tools to help them with work/life balance.
- Adding joy to learning through arts integration and STEAM activities in early childhood classrooms.
- Innovative strategies for joyful learning in the higher education early childhood education program.
- Facilitating joy in families through innovative supports and advocacy.
- Strategies for inclusive practices for children of special abilities.
- Developing joyful environments for dual language learners and their families.
- Nurturing joy in the care of infants and toddlers.
Authors are asked to follow the guidelines for submission: https://www.southernearlychildhood.org/store/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Manuscript-Guidelines-dimensions-2014.pdf. Submitted manuscripts will follow the same review process. Manuscripts must be submitted by December 1, 2018. Special issue will be published March 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Mari Riojas-Cortez, Ph.D., Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dimensions of Early Childhood is the professional journal published three times per year by the Southern Early Childhood Association.